We strongly encourage users to create accounts—many cool and useful features require user accounts, and our development team will continue to produce user account-centric features down the line. Find an annotated list of some of the advantages below:
- Attendee Networking: A user account is required to be visible in the app, connect with your peers, and send messages to other users.
- Syncing My Schedule and To-Do List Data Across Devices: If you log in to your user account and proceed to populate your personalized My Schedule and To-Do list features, this data will be stored to your profile. Log in to your account on any other device, download your guide, and you’ll find your My Schedule/To-Do List information already loaded into your guide.
- Session Registration: Some guides employ limits on session attendance. You will need a user account in order to sign-up for sessions or to join session waitlists.
- Interact Feed: A user account is required to post on the Interact feed.
- Photo Album: A user account is required to upload photos to a guide.
- Targeted Notifications: A user account is required to receive targeted notifications from the guide builders.
- Surveys: Guide builders can choose to require a login to complete a survey.
- Custom List Contact: Guide builders can provide an email address for a Contact button.
If you have a Preset Schedule, you will need to log in to see your assigned sessions in the My Schedule menu item.
Create and Account or Log In
Tap the icon in the top-right corner of the app screen to sign up or log in to your account.
To log in with an existing account, click on the Log in portion of Already have an account? Log in and provide your email address and password. To create a new account, click Sign up with Email.
When accessing an invite-only guide you will have the option to use Login links instead of your email address and password. You can read more about Login links here.
App passwords must be at least eight characters in length and contain at least one number. Please refer to this article if you have any trouble logging in or cannot remember your password.
First and last name are required fields to set up your account and complete your profile.
Once logged in, you will find the Notification Center. Here you can see who has tagged you in a post, which users have liked/commented on your posts, and all other user account activity—in one centralized place.
A dot will appear over your user account icon each time a new notification comes through.
Inside the Notification Center, select from Messages, Alerts or Connections.
Click into each notification for more information and quick guide navigation.
Managing Your Profile
After you have logged in, You can edit your profile by tapping on the icon in the top-right corner of the app screen. Tap the gear icon near the top-left on iOS devices and the top-right on Android devices to to access your Profile Settings.
At its very core, a user account is a profile one can use to access the Guidebook app and other apps powered by the Guidebook platform. The account is comprised of a profile picture, first and last name, phone number, email address, and any tethered Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts.
We recommend adding some details so fellow users will reach out to you. Profile information, beyond the profile picture, first/last name, and company/position is completely private. These details are only shared when you connect with another user.
Managing Your Account
At the bottom of your Profile is the Account section. Here you can see the email address associated with your account and change your password.
If you would like to change the email address you use to log into your account, you can do so by logging into Guidebook Builder. Click on your Account at the top right-hand side, select Manage your Account and then enter the new email address you would like to use in the email field and Save.
In the Account section of your profile in the mobile app, you can manage your Usage sharing and Guide visibility in the Privacy center.
You can read what information is available to the guide organizer by consenting to share information in our GDPR article.
When you are visible within a guide your name will be shown to all users in the Connect feature. This allows you to make connections and chat in-app with people you've connected with. You can also be invited to attend a meeting by another public user using Meeting Booking when your profile is public in a guide.
To make your profile private in a Guide, navigate to the Privacy Center on the app:
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner to log in or create an account.
- Tap the gear icon to access your profile settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and open the Privacy Center where you can toggle on or off your visibility status for each guide.
If you choose to log in, when you tap to open the navigation menu, at the bottom you will see your avatar, your full name, and a QR code. Tap the QR code to view your Guidebook ID. Your Guidebook ID can be scanned by other event attendees to more easily connect and share profile information with each other. You can navigate between your code and a QR scanner to scan others codes.
To send a connection request and accept the connection request, make sure you each scan each others' code.
If your event is using Session Attendance Verification you may be asked to show your Guidebook ID to verify your attendance before a session.
Deleting Your Account
As part of our commitment to GDPR, we offer all of our users the opportunity to exercise their right to erasure. You can start this process this via the following link: http://builder.
This link will provide more information about the actions that will be taken automatically when you agree to permanently erase your Guidebook account. As this is irreversible, please make sure you read through this thoroughly before continuing.
If you wish to check which events you have previously used our service at, you can do so by signing in with your account here.
If you would like to update your personal data or have any further questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.