Have a limited amount of space for a session? Want to require users to register for a session and view who signed up? Our Attendance feature and Audience Management tools allow you to manage registration and waitlists to maximize session attendance.
If you choose to set space limitations or use registration required for sessions, your users will be required to log in to an account before they can add sessions to their My Schedule. Space limitations are available on the Metered and Premium Flat Rate plan levels.
Set Up Space Limitations and Waitlists
Open the guide you're working on, then click on the Schedule module. Inside the Schedule module, click on the Attendance tab.
There are quite a few options available to you in the Attendance management tab.
- Anyone can add to my schedule: This option does not restrict the number of users that add the session to their My Schedule.
- Nobody can add: This option prevents the schedule from being added to users My Schedule.
- Registration Required: This setting should be used when you only have a select number of seats or wish to verify who is in attendance. Once this option is selected, you have a few additional choices:
- Registration Start (Optional): You can control the date/time when Users will be able to add sessions to their My Schedule.
- Limit Capacity (Optional): Enter a numeric value here to prevent users from registering for a session after a certain number have registered.
- Waitlist (Optional): After setting a space limitation, you can choose to enable a Waitlist. If someone drops out of a session, the first person on the waitlist will automatically be added to the session. The waitlisted end-user will receive a notification in the app, alerting them they have successfully been registered for that session.
The two ways to set up Attendance
When importing your Schedule template spreadsheet, use the Attendance columns (H-L) to allow adding to My Schedule, require registration, set your registration time, limit capacity, and/or allow a waitlist if you would like.
When editing a Schedule session manually, visit the "Attendance" tab within the schedule feature. Here, you can select a single session to edit or use the checkbox feature to edit multiple sessions at once.
Audience Management: View Registrations
From your Guide Dashboard, click on Audience management.
Select the Session registrations tab to see how many users have signed up for the sessions in your Schedule that require registration. Sessions that do not require a User to register will not appear here.
In this tab, you'll be able to see how many Users have registered for each session as well as how many Users have a pre-set registration (assigned via Preset Schedule). If a session has a Wait List enabled, you'll also see how many users are on the list.
For a comprehensive list of registrations, click the Export button. A link to download a spreadsheet of the data will be sent to your inbox.
To see who has signed up for each session, click on a session title. Inside, you'll see a breakdown of the three categories of registrants associated with the session.