With Preset Schedules, you can assign sessions to your users. When your users login on the app, they will see their pre-assigned agenda in their My Schedule menu item.
When uploading the list of users, you can choose to send the invites later. Then you can create the preset schedules and send those without a prior invitation email. This method will combine two emails (invitation to guide, and an invitation to preset schedule) into one prompting them to download your guide and log in to access their Schedule.
If you are going to set up a Preset Schedule for a Group, set up your Groups as well.
This feature is available on a Premium plan.
How to Set Up Preset Schedules
To manually set up preset schedules, click on Audience Management section on the guide dashboard. Click on the Preset Schedules tab.
- Click Create.
- Provide a Schedule name—this is for your reference, and will not be visible to users.
- Select the Users and/or Groups who should be assigned this schedule.
- Scroll through your sessions and check the boxes to select sessions. You can search or filter by date, track or location to quickly find specific sessions.
- Click Save.
Be sure to click select the Publish for dropdown when you're ready to share these Preset Schedules with your users. You can choose to publish all preset schedules or the preset schedule for a specific attendee.
When publishing a preset schedule for a Specific attendee the status will not change from Unpublished.
Builder will send an email inviting those users to access their personalized schedule in the guide the first time you publish a preset schedule.
Using a Template to Set Up Preset Schedules
To create your preset schedules using a template, click on Audience Management section on the guide dashboard. Click on the Preset Schedules tab.
Click the CSV/Excel Import button. Under the Templates heading, download a Preset Schedule template spreadsheet.
Do not change Row 1 in the template spreadsheet. If the column headers are changed, Builder will give you an error as it will not be able to read the spreadsheet properly.
Provide the following information in the spreadsheet:
- Schedule Name: Only you will see this in Builder.
- Email: Input the email address(es) of each User who should be assigned this schedule. If you have multiple email addresses in one cell, separate each email address with a semicolon.
- Session IDs: Provide the Session IDs for the sessions you want to assign here. If you have multiple Session IDs to add to a schedule, separate each Session ID with a semicolon.
You can find the session ID's for your sessions by exporting your schedule from Builder. This process is outlined in our article about Exporting Data From Builder.
After filling out your spreadsheet, be sure to save. Then return to the Preset Schedule Import screen in Builder.
Click Select file to locate the document on your computer, then upload it.
Click Import data and refresh the Preset Schedules page in Builder to view / edit your Preset Schedules.
To publish and send an email to your users' the first time you publish a preset schedule, click the Publish for button to publish all schedules or the schedules for a specific attendee.
How many preset schedules can I assign to one user?
Preset Schedules are additive, so you can assign as many preset schedules as needed to a specific user.
How many preset schedules can you make?
There is no limit to the number of Preset Schedules you can create.
If I edit the Schedule sessions in my guide, will everyone's Preset Schedules automatically update?
Be sure to publish your updates on your guide. When you make any changes (add/edit/remove) to Schedule sessions those changes will reflect across users' Preset Schedules as long as their device is connected to a network.
If I edit a User's Preset Schedule, will it automatically update?
Be sure to select the Publish for button, and choose to publish a specific attendee's schedule (or all attendees schedules) to ensure changes made to a specific Preset Schedule do appear for your users.
Can a user delete the schedule items that were preset for them?
No, a user will not be able to remove sessions added using a preset schedule. If you need to make updates for a users Preset schedule it should be done from the builder site.
If a user states they do not see their assigned Preset Schedule:
- Network Connectivity: Ensure the user has a strong Internet connection (via WiFi or Cellular data). Updates can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to go through, depending on the internet strength. On average, changes should appear 20-30 seconds after you hit Publish This Schedule.
- User Account: Make sure the user has logged in with the same account where you assigned the sessions. If they confirm they are using the correct account, please ask them to log out and log back in.
- Updates: Close & re-open the guide, or tap the refresh icon in the navigation menu. This will force the app to check for updates.
If the My Schedule feature still does not load properly, here are a few additional tips:
- Have the user try navigating to a different guide icon, and then back to their My Schedule.
- Have the user try adding an item to their My Schedule and see if this prompts their assigned sessions to load as well.
- If your user is accessing your guide via a web browser, have them clear the cache on their browser and then reload the page.