The General Info module displays the basic details about your guide. This includes the guide name, description, and venue. If you have set dates for your guide, they will appear here as well. This feature is a great place for you to include a welcome letter, instructions on how to use the app, the WiFi information for the venue, or any other important details you would like your users to know.
How to Edit Your General Info
In Builder, click on the General Info menu item or click on Edit guide details in the bottom-left corner of your guide editor.
These are the same four steps you followed when first getting started with your guide.
- Name: Select a name for your guide.
- Description: This is a great place for a welcome letter, some instructions, and/or key contact information.
- Short name: Choose the ending for your guide's customized landing page URL. You'll use this when you promote your guide to your users.
- Guide dates: If your guide is a long-term resource, you can make the duration year-round! If your guide is for an event, please set the specific start and end dates.
- These dates are intended to inform users about the event and do not control when the guide is available before an event. They will be seen while downloading the guide and in the navigation menu.
- Your guide is available to users after it has been published. So, if you publish your guide a month before your event it would be available after publishing and through your event.
- Select time zone: Set the time zone for the primary or central location of your event/the place where your guide will be used. This is used to determine when notifications are sent for the guide.
- You will have the option to have the time zone locked or unlocked. When locked, Schedule sessions will appear on users' devices according to the guide’s time zone. When the time zone is unlocked, Schedule sessions will appear on user’s devices according to their local time zone.
On the next tab, add your guide icon and cover image. The linked article provides details on what these images are and where they will appear in the app.
Provide the name of a guide's primary or central location. Use the address bar to search for and set the street address.
On the next tab, you can set the privacy setting for your guide. The Sharing option allows attendees to share your guide via Twitter, Facebook, email, or messaging.
Quick Info allows you to include small bits of information just above the description of the guide.