With Guidebook, you can build a guide for nearly anything, however, we recognize that not all data is meant to be seen by all eyes.
For this reason, you have access to three different privacy options:
Invite-Only privacy will allow you to revoke specific users' access within your guide's Audience Management, as it is the only setting that requires users to login for guide access.
You can set the Privacy setting of your guide in three locations:
- During the initial guide creation process
- From the upper-left section of your guide dashboard
- Within Edit guide details at the bottom-left of the guide editor
A public guide is visible to anyone and can be searched for by name to download. It does not require a passphrase, nor does it require the user to log in; any user can find your guide and see the content within the guide. Your content is not private.
A passphrase-protected guide is not immediately visible in the Guidebook app or your Branded app because users can only find and download a passphrase-protected guide by entering the passphrase you provide them. Users will only need to enter the passphrase once to find and download the guide, and then the guide will be visible to them in the My Guides tab of their app.
You can make your guide private and set your passphrase in Builder:
- Click Edit Guide Details in the bottom-left corner of the guide-building screen.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Click on the Passphrase radio button.
- Type in the passphrase you would like touse.
- Click Save.
When you promote your guide, make sure you provide your users with the passphrase you set so they can access your guide.
To make your guide Invite-Only, choose Invite-Only in the Privacy tab of the guide basic details.
This feature is only available on a Premium plan.
When you have published your guide and you are ready to promote it, you can invite users via Builder. Only people on this invited users list will be able to get into your guide. They will be required to log in to their account.
- When an invited user successfully logs in, the invited user will be able to access your guide.
- If someone tries to access your guide but they are NOT an invited user, the app will keep them at the login screen; they will not get any further.
For more details on the Invite-Only privacy level and our Audience management feature, please visit our Audience Management article.