When a guide is published, it is available for users to download. You can promote it to your users so they can find and access your content.
Before a guide is published, however, it needs to be approved. Your guide will be published to an app. The owner of this app needs to approve your guide.
- You may wish to contact the Organization Administrator prior to clicking "submit" so they know to approve your guide.
- For guides published to the Guidebook app, please keep in mind that it may take up to two days for a guide to be approved.
If you are an Organization Administrator and you would like to learn how to approve your Organization's guides, please click here.
How to Publish a Guide
As you add great content your guide, Builder will provide you with progress reminders. You will see prompts to fill out menu items, for example, until your Build Progress bar is full.
The Build Progress bar lives in the top-right corner of the guide-building screen. When you are ready to publish, you will see a big green button.
Wait! I don't see a the big green button!
- If you don't see the big green button, you may see a list of reminders from Builder telling you that a menu item is blank or that you need to upgrade to use a feature. Either add content to the blank menu item or remove it. For a feature that requires an upgrade, click "upgrade", or remove the menu item.
When you click "Submit & Publish", please verify your guide's basic details are correct.
Once you publish your guide, your guide name and duration will get locked in! You can continue to edit all other content.
You will then be asked where your guide should live. Select the app(s) to which your guide will be published.
Builder will send an attachment request email to the app owner, who will review your guide.
If you select multiple apps, please keep in mind that each attachment request will need to be approved by each app owner separately.
You can select the Guidebook app, and apps you personally own, and apps owned by the organization you're a member/admin of. If you would like to create a new app and publish there, please reach out to Sales@guidebook.com.
I submitted my guide. What happens next?
Once your guide is submitted, you can continue to make changes to your content!
You should expect to receive a message from Guidebook Support and/or your Organization Administrator about the status of your guide attachment request. It will be either approved or rejected.
- Approved: Your guide has been published to the app(s) you selected. You're ready to promote your guide to your users!
- Rejected: You will receive an email with brief details explaining why your guide has been rejected. You can edit your guide and resubmit it for approval as many times as needed until it's ready to be shared with your end-users.
My guide is approved! Now what?
It's time to tell people about your guide!
Visit the Promote section of your guide and make use of our promotional best practices document for ideas on sharing download instructions.
If you need to make changes to your guide content, you may continue to do so anytime. Just edit the guide in Builder like normal. You will see a button appear that says "Publish Updates" - click this button to send those changes out to users' devices.
As long as a mobile device is connected to a network, the Guidebook app will look for updates to guides every 10 minutes. It will also refresh every time the app is opened (does not include opening from multitasking).
- If you attach the guide to a different app after it's published, it will need to be approved again.
- Otherwise, there is no additional approval process when just clicking "publish updates" for guide content changes.
If you have a question about your guide's status, please review this article here.
Other questions? Contact Support!