Creating a mobile guide is only worthwhile if people use it. Promoting your guide is just as important as making the guide. With this in mind, we thought we’d share a few quick and easy ways to help you promote your guide.
The promotional tools may update as the guide is attached. For Branded or Space clients we recommend ensuring your guide is published and attached to your space before generating these materials. Please reach out to your account manager or the support team if you have any questions.
We recommend finalizing your guide’s privacy setting prior to promoting it.
We also recommend reading our promotion white paper for industry-approved best practices for increasing your adoption rate.
This article will talk through all of the functionality available in the Promote section of your guide which you can find on the Guide Dashboard.
Your Guidebook web page is an interactive and customizable download page for your users to get an idea of what is available in the app. They are also a great way to access your quality content on a desktop or laptop, rather than mobile. Every guide has a Guidebook Web page automatically generated; all you need to do is customize it. If you’d like to learn more, please refer to our Guidebook Web article.
You can find the QR code specific to the guide in the Promote section. Mouse over the QR code and click the Save This Image button to download it. Share this with end-users in emails and on flyers/posters on-site. When your users scan this QR Code with their mobile device camera or a scanner app, they will be taken to your guide.
Please keep in mind that invite-only guides will still require users to log in to access the content.
Posters are a great way to spread the word as well. We understand some users may not download your guide ahead of time, so you can help your users quickly and easily access your content by placing posters throughout your venue. Guidebook provides a poster with your Guidebook Web URL and your QR Code.
You can download and alter the template to add specificity or your own branding images. It’s a good idea to send out an email 1–2 weeks prior to the guide’s public launch so that users can be prepared. You will need to send emails via Audience Management: Send Personal Invitations if your guide is using the Invite-Only privacy setting to ensure users are on the whitelist.
Guidebook provides templates with suggested text to help you make quick and easy social media posts about your guide. These templates each include a URL to your Guidebook Web page and can be copied directly onto your clipboard. This is a great way to generate buzz for your event.
Example social media posts:
- The High Line has gone mobile! Schedule, maps, reminders, and more on your iPhone/Android, free. Download now at https://guidebook.com/g/thehighline/.
Are you ready for The High Line? Download our free app and access the schedule, connect with one another, receive key updates, and so much more. Join us at https://guidebook.com/g/thehighline/.
If you are creating your own promotional materials, feel free to use Guidebook’s official logo. This can be useful for printed materials, such as posters or brochures, and online content, such as emails, web pages, and/or social media posts.
- Have a registration desk or info booth? Print out your customized poster and be sure to tell everyone about your guide. Word-of-mouth is the most effective way to promote your guide, complemented by the QR Code for easy onboarding. Guidebook can also send an onsite rep to help. Reach out to your account executive if you are interested in on-site support.
- Encourage your speakers to mention your guide during presentations. Tell your users what they can do with your guide - create a personal schedule, for example - to help them understand why they should download it.
- Put your QR Code on your users' badges and signage around your venue.
- Show off the great content and tools you've made available in your guide with an eye-catching video. Share it via email and social media to help your users make great use of your guide.
These are just a few ways you can promote your guide. Your account manager is available to discuss your adoption & engagement goals and to help you design a great promotion plan.