Adding location information is a great way to help your users understand not only what is happening but where. Schedule sessions and Custom List items can be associated with locations.
Types of Locations
There are three types of locations:
- Google Map: A Google Map location is tied to a physical address. Users can tap on the address to access turn-by-turn navigation. Click here to learn more about adding Google Map locations to your guide.
- Static, Unlinked Label: This is the plain text you type in that shows the name of the location.
- Interactive, Linked Label: Set up an Interactive Map so your location labels show users where to go on your campus map, floorplan, or other map images. Click here to learn how to set up an Interactive Map.
Adding New Locations
Most of the time, you will set up locations in your schedule sessions and custom list items when creating or editing those sessions and list items.
If you would like to learn how to add schedule sessions, click here. If you would like to learn how to add custom list items, please click here.
If you don't know what the locations should be yet or if you would otherwise like to add them later, Builder makes this quick and easy.
In your guide in Builder, click on the Schedule menu item OR any of your Custom Lists to find The Locations tab. To add a new location, click the blue New Location button.
Give your location a name, and then choose whether your location type is Label or Google Map.
- A Label type location can be plain text, or it can be made Interactive by associating with a specific region on a map image. Click here for help with Interactive Maps.
- A Google Map type location needs a physical address. If you select Google Map, Builder will prompt you to enter the address for this location.
After adding locations to your guide, you may want to edit these locations. You can update the name and the type. You can also review items in your guide that are associated with the location.
In your guide in Builder, click on the Schedule menu item OR any of your Custom Lists to find The Locations Tab.
This will open the list of all locations in your guide. Use the grey up/down arrows next to the column headers to sort this list as you would like.
You can select multiple locations to delete them or click the gear icon to the right of a location to delete one individually.
To change any information in an existing location, click on the Location Name. Click Items at Location to review items associated with this location. You can use the search bar to find other sessions or list items to associate with this location. You can also remove any items that should no longer be tied to this location.
If your Google Map location is not showing the pin on a location where want it to, you can find out how to adjust the pin here.