Use PDFs to provide your users with presentation materials, charts/graphics, forms, or any other informational resources they may need. You can upload these files to a schedule session or custom list item.
- You must save PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, spreadsheets, and any other type of document as a PDF.
- PDF files must be under 25 MB each in size to upload.
- We recommend limiting the total number of documents included in the initial download to 20 MB (using "Include" switch when importing)
- Use smallpdf.com to compress your PDFs.
- If your documents will exceed these limits, host your PDF online and use the PDF URL option.
- When hosting PDFs online, please make sure the URL ends in .pdf: http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=your_pdf_url_here.pdf
- Documents hosted on Dropbox do not render correctly on the app due to compatibility issues. We recommend you upload the PDF directly to Guidebook instead.
Watch the video and/or follow the written instructions below.
How to Add PDFs to your Guide
In Builder, open your guide and click on either the Schedule or the Custom List where you would like to include a PDF document.
Create a session or list item, save, and close it. Then click to re-open that session or list item. You will then see the "Links" tab.
In the Links tab, click the "PDF" button. Be sure to give your document a name. Then, you can either click "Select PDF" to choose the file from your computer, or you can provide a PDF URL (a web link ending in .pdf) for the file.
If you choose to toggle the "Include" switch on, the PDF will be accessible even without an Internet connection. If you have many PDFs in your guide, this will increase the size of the guide and may reduce the download rate for your attendees.
Be sure to click "Add PDF" when you're ready.
If you are having trouble accessing the PDF, confirm that you've linked it using the PDF button, not the URL button. Also, try removing any spaces or special characters from the name of the PDF.