An RSS Feed is a method of web syndication that is used for delivering regularly changing news on the Internet, such as information on blogs and news sites. RSS Feeds can be found on many websites in .rss or .xml formats, and can be used on your guide as a great way to display news, announcements, or even a sponsor's blog. In Guidebook Builder, we make adding an RSS feed to your guide easy so that users can access ever-changing news in the click of an icon.
How to add and set up an RSS feed in your guide
- Log into the Guidebook Builder, open your guide, and click into the “Build Guide” section.
- Click on the big blue Add Features sign on top of the drawer to the left of the phone view, which will open up a feature menu on the right of the screen.
- Scroll to find the News module, and click the “Add” button. You’ll see it appear at the top of your Builder drawer as its own module, as well as in your phone view drawer.
- Click into the News module, and in the Details tab type in or paste the URL of the target site's RSS Feed. This should end in /rss.
- Click into the Settings tab in the News module to change the name of the module or the icon to your liking. Click save.
Note: The RSS feature will require internet connectivity to function properly.