You can use some HTML tags to format the text in Description fields.
Allowed tags: a href, b, br, em, i, ul, li, h1-h6, span, strong, u
In Builder, you can manually edit the HTML for a Description field, or you can include HTML in your template spreadsheet when importing data. Please Note: HTML is only allowed in Description fields.
In this article, we will cover:
- Using HTML When Manually Typing a Description
- Including HTML in a Template Import Spreadsheet
- Common HTML Tags To Use
In Builder, open your guide and click on your Schedule or any Custom List. Then click "New", or click on any existing session / list item to open it. This will bring you to a screen where you can add/edit details.
To access the HTML viewer, click on the <> symbol in the grey bar above the Description field. In the HTML viewer, you can use HTML tags to modify the Description.
When you use a Schedule Template and/or a Custom List Template, you can include HTML formatting in the Description field for your sessions and/or list items.
Text Effects (Bold, Italics, Underline)
- A <b>bold</b> explorer --- A bold explorer
- <i>A Book About Writing</i> --- A Book About Writing
- The <u>awesome</u> guide --- The awesome guide
- HTML: <a href="http://www.guidebook.com">Click here to visit our website</a>
- How it looks: Click here to visit our website
- HTML: <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">Email us at Support@guidebook.com</a>
- How it looks: Email us at Support@guidebook.com
- HTML: <a href="tel:6503197233">Contact Support at (650) 319-7233</a>
- How it looks: Contact Support at (650) 319-7233
Need more help? Reach out to Support@guidebook.com.