While most of our customers prefer to have their branded app submission managed by Guidebook (full-service app submission), a common question is whether our clients can manage their own submissions. While we do enable a self-service option, it’s generally easier to add Guidebook to your developer account team—that way we’re able to manage all of the necessary credentials and app updates. Regardless of whether you choose to proceed with a self-service or full-service app submission, you must have a current, active Apple Developer membership.
Full-Service App Submission
If you would like to add Guidebook to your developer account so that we can manage the app submission process on your behalf, please reach out to our support team. Allowing us the ability to submit the application under your account provides us with the ability to update your application and create the necessary credentials to build and submit the app, in addition, to push notifications. You can add this user to your account by following the Setting Up an App Store Connect User section.
Once you have added the user, you will also need to send the Team ID for the account to your point of contact at Guidebook. Your Team ID can be located in the Membership section of the Apple Developer website.
Self Service App Submission
If you do not want to add the Guidebook user to your team and would like to manage the app and its associated credentials yourself, please follow the documentation to re-sign your app for iOS.
Once the app has been signed, you’ll find many helpful resources provided by Apple on their Developer site. If you would like to complete the app submission process on your end, the following articles are a good starting point:
You will need to share new certificates with us when they expire to continue to use push notifications on your app. You will be required to renew your membership to Apple's Developer Program annually.
When another department in your organization is responsible for submitting your app to your organization’s developer account we recommend making sure that they have the relevant content to complete the submission process to avoid making unnecessary re-submissions.
Your team will be asked to enter the following information via your Developer Account when you submit your app for the first time if Guidebook is not managing this process on your behalf.
If your app is being re-submitted to implement changes to any of these aspects, you will need to make your colleagues aware as any alterations made to these in your App Dashboard in Builder will not reflect in your app automatically.
- App Name - This information will have been entered in Builder under App Management > App full name.
- Primary Language - If localized app information isn’t available in an App Store territory, the information from your primary language will be used instead.
- Category - The category that best describes this app.
App Previews and Screenshots - Screenshots must be in the JPG or PNG format, and in the RGB color space. You can create screenshots using the dimensions below or let the Guidebook team member know if you would like new screenshots shared with you and of which guide.
- Promotional Text - Promotional text lets you inform your App Store visitors of any current app features without requiring an updated submission. This text will appear above your description on the App Store for customers with devices running iOS 11 or later. This field is optional.
- Keywords - One or more keywords that describe your app. Keywords make App Store search results more accurate. This information will have been entered in Builder under App Management > Keywords.
- Description - A description of your app, detailing features and functionality. It will also be used for your Apple Watch app.
This information will have been entered in Builder under App Management > Description
- Version info - What's New in this version? Let the Guidebook team member know if you would like further details to provide here if the difference is not content-related.
- Support URL - https://www.support.guidebook.com/
- Marketing URL - https://www.guidebook.com/
- App Store Icon - This icon will be used on the App Store. For apps built with Xcode 9 or later, add this icon in the build. For apps built with earlier versions of Xcode, add the icon here. This image should be 512 x 512 px.
This information will have been entered in Builder under App Management > App Images > App Icon
- Rating - Age 4+, Age 18+ , etc
- App Review Information - If your guide is public, this field is not required. If your guide is passphrase protected, provide this information. If your guide is invite-only, the Guidebook team will provide you with this information.
We would also recommend including the following: Please be sure to check out from the guide and delete any testing notes/comments in the guide.
- Notes - Additional information about your app that can help during the review process. Include information that may be needed to test your app, such as app-specific settings and log-ins.