An Apple Developer Account is required in order to host your Branded app in the app store. This document walks through enrolling in the Apple Developer Program.
After setting up an Apple Developer Account (or if you already have one), please invite Guidebook to collaborate on your account. Guidebook will then continue managing your app for you, keeping it updated and functioning properly.
Review the flow chart below to get started. You can click a blue button to jump to the appropriate step, or scroll down for the written instructions.
|Set up with Guidebook|
|Enroll in the program|
|Create an Apple ID|
Please note that this process can take approximately 2-4 weeks to complete once your Apple Developer Program Enrollment application has been submitted.
You will also need to have purchased a Branded App from Guidebook before proceeding.
- Legal organization/company name
- D-U-N-S® number
- If you are not sure of your D-U-N-S® number, use this Apple-provided lookup tool or reach out to your finance team.
- Your company website address
- A contact phone number
- Apple will call you to verify your enrollment.
- An email address to use for the account registration
1. Create Your Apple ID
The email address you use for the account registration should be tied to an Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID registered with that email address, please do so here.
2. Apply for an Apple Developer Account
Once your Apple ID has been registered and confirmed, navigate to the Apple Developer Program Enrollment page to start the enrollment process.
After you complete the enrollment forms, a representative from Apple will call and/or email you to verify your enrollment information and continue the enrollment process.
3. Payment to Apple
After verification, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will also include steps for you to pay for your Apple Developer Program membership.
- Please Note: If you are an accredited institution, government entity, or non-profit organization, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver.
Invite Guidebook to Your Accounts
This is necessary for Guidebook to keep your app up-to-date and functioning properly. Admin access is necessary in order create push certificates and provisioning profiles, both of which are needed to submit and maintain your application.
To invite Guidebook to your Apple Developer Account, navigate to the "people" management page for your developer account.
- Click on the "Invite People" button at the top of the page.
- In the "Invite as Admins" section, please enter the email address provided to you by your Account Manager. (This is NOT your account manager's email address -- this will be the email address they've provided to you)
- Then, click "Invite" at the bottom of the page.
You will also need to invite Guidebook to your App Store Connect account as well. (App Store Connect was previously known as "iTunes" Connect.) To do so, navigate to the "Users and Roles" section of App Store Connect, then:
- Click the "+" symbol next to "Users"
- Under the First Name and Last Name fields, fill in "Guidebook"
- Under Email, please use the same email address provided by your Account Manager and click the Next button. (This is NOT your account manager's email address -- this will be the email address they've provided to you)
- On the next page, select the "App Manager" role and click the Next button
- On the final page, leave the notification settings blank and click "Save"
If you have never submitted any apps before with your Developer Account (or just created one for the first time), that's it! You are all finished!
- We will create a production distribution certificate for you in order to submit the app. .
If you have previously used your Developer Account to submit apps, please contact your Account Manager for one additional step.
- We will need access to your production distribution certificate in order to submit the app.
If you have any questions, please contact your Account Manager.