Enrollment in the Apple Developer program is required in order to host your Branded app in the iOS App Store. This document walks through enrolling in the Apple Developer program.
After setting up an Apple Developer Account (or if you already have one), please invite Guidebook to collaborate on your account. Guidebook will then continue managing your app for you, keeping it updated and functioning properly.
Review the flowchart below to get started. You can click a blue button to jump to the appropriate step, or scroll down for the written instructions.
|Set up with Guidebook|
|Enroll in the program|
|Create an Apple ID|
Please note that this process can take approximately two to four weeks to complete once your Apple Developer Program Enrollment application has been submitted.
You will also need to have purchased a Branded App from Guidebook before proceeding.
During the enrollment process, you will need access to the following:
- Legal organization/company name
- D-U-N-S® number
- If you are not sure of your D-U-N-S® number, use this Apple-provided lookup tool or reach out to your finance team.
- Your company website address
- A contact phone number
- Apple will call you to verify your enrollment.
- An email address to use for the account registration
Note: We would recommend using an email address created specifically for your Apple ID, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. This will allow your IT team or other colleagues to continue managing this process for your organization, should any one individual no longer have responsibility.
1. Create Your Apple ID
The email address you use for the account registration should be tied to an Apple ID. If you do not have an Apple ID registered with that email address, please do so here.
2. Apply for an Apple Developer Account
Once your Apple ID has been registered and confirmed, navigate to the Apple Developer Program Enrollment page to start the enrollment process.
- Note: Please enroll as an “Organization”. We will not be able to submit your app under an Individual or an Enterprise account.
After you complete the enrollment forms, a representative from Apple will call and/or email you in order to verify your enrollment information and continue the enrollment process.
3. Payment to Apple
After verification, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will also include steps for you to pay for your Apple Developer Program membership.
- Note: If you are an accredited institution, government entity, or non-profit organization, you may be eligible for an application fee waiver.
Invite Guidebook to Your Account
This is necessary for Guidebook to keep your app up-to-date and functioning properly. Admin access is necessary in order create push certificates and provisioning profiles, both of which are needed to submit and maintain your application.
To invite Guidebook to your App Store Connect account, navigate to the Users and Access section of your account.
- Click on the "+" button at the top left of the list of Users.
- In the next section, please enter the information as detailed in this image:
- The email address will be provided to you by your Account Manager. (This is not your account manager's email address—this will be the email address they've provided to you)
- Then, click "Invite" at the bottom of the page.
If you have never submitted any apps before with your Developer Account (or just created one for the first time), that's it—you’re all set. We will create a production distribution certificate for you in order to submit the app.
If you have previously used your Developer Account to submit apps, please contact your Account Manager for one additional step: we will need access to your production distribution certificate in order to submit the app.