You may want to improve engagement at your event by allowing your audience to ask your speakers questions. Instead of having them put their hands up or email their responses, they can submit questions through the app, and your speaker can choose which ones to respond to. You can also set this up ahead of time and collect questions before your session.
Our survey tools (available on Plus and higher-level plans) can be used in order to achieve this. Just follow these steps:
1. From your Guide Desktop, go to Polls & Surveys.
2. Select "Create New" from the upper-right corner.
3. Fill in your survey information.
4. You will be taken to the "Summary" page of your survey. You will notice that there is an option to fill in Send Email Reports To. Enter here the email address of the person who should be receiving the questions. This is typically your speaker, or the person moderating the session. You can input multiple email addresses if you so wish.
5. Move to the Questions tab. Add in the questions you would like to ask your audience. Generally, we recommend that you select "Paragraph" as the question type, and ask something similar to: "What is your question?"
6. We do not automatically collect user information. If you'd like to know who asked the question, you can put a short "Text" question type asking for their name. You can do the same thing to request that they fill out their email address or any other contact information.
The GIF below illustrates steps 1-6.
7. Now it's time to add the survey to your guide. Return to the Build Guide section.
8a. If you would like to link the question form to a particular session:
- Click on Schedule.
- Find and click on the session you would like to link to.
- Click on the Feedback tab.
- Find and select the Q&A form you have just created.
8b. If you would like to have it be accessible as its own button from the main page:
- Navigate to the features sidebar on the left-hand side of the page
- Select Add Features. You can also choose Features under Select Preview from above the phone screen, then click in the middle of the phone
- From here, select the “Feedback” icon then click into it from the features sidebar on the left.
9. That's it! Now whenever your users fill out the form, the email addresses you specified will receive the audience questions direct to their inbox, in real time.
Note: if you would like to link Speaker Q&A forms to multiple sessions, you can do so. The email received will indicate which session it was submitted from. However, please ensure that in your Survey Summary Page, you have allowed it to accept multiple responses per users. You may also wish to include a form asking people to indicate which session they have submitted the form from.