In-App Messaging lets your users privately chat with one another. This feature is a great networking and engagement tool, without having to share phone numbers or other personal contact information. It's also just plain fun!
Please keep in mind:
- The Attendee/Check-in feature must be enabled in your guide for Messaging to work.
- Messaging requires Internet access.
- This Messaging feature is completely distinct from Notifications and the Inbox module.
Here's how to start sending messages to your fellow users:
Please make sure you have Internet access via WiFi or cellular data. This is not an SMS, so you will not be charged for text messages. Data rates may apply, if you use data to connect to the Internet.
- Sign up or log in to your user account.
- Check in to the Attendees module in the guide.
- Send a message!
- Tap on a user's name in the Attendees list. Then tap to message them from there.
- You can also open the Messaging feature in the menu and chat with any other user.
Use emojis and send photos with in-app messaging! You can even send your location (iOS only). Read receipts and time stamps will appear; you can also see when a user is typing.
Your messages with users in one particular guide will appear in the Messaging menu item.
To view all of your messages with any users across all guides, tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen to access your account profile. All of your messages will appear here.
Block Abusive Users
If you need to block anyone, view your messages list.
Swipe right to block any user on an iOS device, tap and hold on the user's name until the option to block the user appears on Android devices.
Blocked users may still message you, but none of their messages will appear in your app.