Banner ads are an excellent way for sponsors to gain visibility in your guide! These banners will be located at the bottom of the drawer on your device so it will be unobtrusive to users.
When a user opens the guide, the order in which the banners appear will be randomized. For this reason you cannot put banners in a specific order in the Guidebook Builder, but you can give more emphasis to specific banners (see Step 6 below). Banner Ads are a premium and branded plan offering only.
Adding a Banner Ad
- Log into the Guidebook Builder and select the guide you are working on
- Click on "Build Guide" from the dashboard
- At the bottom of the features sidebar on the left-hand side of the screen click on Add Banner Ads
then select "Add your first banner ad"
- On the "Add Banner Ad" overlay, select a PNG image file type for your banner. The ideal image size is 600 width x110 length pixels, but you will be able to adjust and crop your image within our resizer!
- Next, fill in the name of the banner and add the URL to which the banner will direct. You can also add in a brief description:
- Finally, select a duration for the banner. This is where you can give additional emphasis to the more prominent sponsors in your guide! This number dictates how long the banner will appear on a user's phone until the next banner comes up
- Hit save and you're done!
You'll also notice a few toggles in the middle of the overlay:
The first, "Enabled", lets you activate/deactivate the banner ad. The second one determines whether the banner ad shows the description after users select it or if the banner ad goes straight to the designated URL.
Note: You will be able to see all of your banner ads from the Banner Ads overlay. You can tell which ones are enabled, and edit/delete from here by clicking on the gear!