On iOS and Android devices, downloading a guide requires Internet access. You can connect to a WiFi network or connect using cellular data.
After downloading a guide, most of the guide information will be stored directly on the iOS or Android device. This means schedules, custom lists, and maps will be available offline.
There are, however, certain features that rely on network connectivity.
The following components require Internet access:
- Guide Updates
- When connected to the Internet, your guide will automatically check for updated content regularly.
- Session Attendance tracking / Registration
- Attendee Check-in/Connect
- Photo Album
- Live Polls
- Scavenger Hunt
- External links (website URLs, PDFs)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- RSS Feed
- Web Views
Important Note: Users of the mobile web version of Guidebook (guidebook.com/browse) will require an Internet connection at all times to access content.
Given how important connectivity is today, solid internet availability is now a must-have at most events and venues. Read our post on Event WiFi Essentials to learn more about this critical event offering.