We understand that some information might not change year-over-year, or you may have spent a lot of time previously to make sure your guide was well-constructed and nicely organized. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel—simply copy the information from an existing guide to use as a starting point.
There are two different processes, depending on whether or not you already have a purchased guide on your account. You’ll follow the same basic steps but start from a different place. Determine which of these options best describes your needs:
- I have already purchased a new guide and I want to copy information into it from an existing guide.
- I have a guide that I would like to duplicate. I will then activate the new guide on the Metered plan.
Keep the below items in mind when using the Copy Content tool:
- Guide-specific information, which includes any information in the Audience management section, the Notifications section, or the General Info module will not be copied. In addition, User-generated information such as Interact posts, Photos and Live Polls will not be copied.
- If you choose to copy information into an existing guide, all content will be overwritten in the destination guide.
- You must be a Guide Admin on both the source and the destination guide to use this tool.
Copy Content into a Pre-Purchased Guide
If you have a purchased guide on your account, and you’d like to pull information into it from an existing guide, start by navigating to your Builder dashboard. Once there, click the Build new guides tab on the left side of the page.
Choose the pre-purchased guide that you’d like to use, select the copy features option,
and then select which guide you would like to import content from. After clicking Import, Builder will process the request. Once the content is copied, click Start editing your guide to continue.
The last step will be to fill in the guide details—these tend to be unique to every use-case, so we don’t bring them over when copying information to your new guide.
Create a New Guide Using Copy Content
Want to create a new guide to activate? You can still use an existing guide as a starting point. By following these steps, you’ll end up with a no plan guide. You’re free to build or edit this guide as needed, but you will be required to activate the guide on the Metered or Premium plan before you can publish.
Start by navigating to an existing guide on your account—this will be the guide you’ll be copying information from. On the guide dashboard, click on the more options ellipsis button ( ⋯ ), then choose Copy content.
Next, click the radio button to select the Copy content into a new guide option.
If you have pre-purchased guides available in your organization, you will see a message at the bottom of the box letting you know.
After clicking Copy, we’ll copy the information onto a brand new guide. When done, you’ll be able to locate the new guide on your Builder homepage.