If you've already built a guide in the past, and you would like to build a similar guide you're in luck! The Guidebook Builder provides a guide cloning tool for easy guide duplication, enabling any guide to be recycled and edited for future usage.
Simply navigate to your guide from the "Your Guides" view, click into it, and then from the main screen, tap the dropdown arrow next to your guide's name as shown below, and select the clone guide option:
The guide will begin to clone (note: this may take a few minutes or longer, depending on the complexity of your guide). Once completed, you will receive a link to your new guide clone in a confirmation email from our system.
Note: Cloning a guide transfers all data except schedule sessions, tracks, forms, and photo album images. Your cloned guide will not require one of your plan's guide slots until you seek to publish the clone.
With the Copy Features function, we can copy some or all of the features from one guide to another! Some important details to note:
- If we copy all features to a guide (see the second screenshot below), the destination guide will be cleared of existing features -- ensure there is nothing you need to keep before proceeding.
- Folders, pinned items, links, surveys, and guide details are not able to be copied to other guides.
- The data in features will copy over; however, the data is not connected or synced with the original feature. Post-cloning, edits to one guide will not impact the copied elements in another guide.
- You can copy features into up to three guides at one time.
- Guides can only have one version of the maps, schedule, and general info features. If you wish to copy these features between guides, please delete the feature from the 'destination guide' (where you're trying to copy your data TO) first or you will receive an error email.
To copy features, click the drop down arrow from a guide and select "Copy features". You will then have the option to copy some or all of the features from your current guide.
Copy some features:
If you choose the "Only some features" option you are able to choose the features that you want to copy over and then the guide or guides to copy them too.
Copy all features:
After selecting the "All features" option you will be prompted to select the guide or guides you want to copy these features to.
Easy! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at email@example.com