With a Guidebook tab on your website, your site visitors can browse guide content online!
This is a great way to get users excited about your guide. Don't forget to include download instructions so your users can access the full suite of features in the mobile app.
Changes to content appear instantly, so you don't need to update your website and then separately update your guide. It's all in one place with a Guidebook tab.
Please Note: At this time, a Guidebook tab on your website will allow users to view content in a public guide. However, users will not be able to redeem a passphrase for a private guide, sign up for an account, or log in to an account.
Your guide must be published before creating an iframe for your website.
Create an iframe
If you have basic HTML knowledge and flexibility with your website's design (or if you have access to your web developer), you can embed your guide into your website.
You will be creating an iframe using the <iframe> tag. This will display the web version of your guide, which users can access from any device, as long as it has a web browser and an internet connection.
1. Find the unique URL to your guide
It will follow the format: http://guidebook.com/guide/[GuideID]. You can find it by going to the "Promote" section of your guide in Guidebook Builder, selecting "Web," and then copying the Guidebook Web URL listed there.
2. Write the iframe code snippet
You can use the following code snippet as a template:
<iframe src="http://guidebook.com/guide/[guideID]" height=1000px width=500px>
If you would like to learn more about modifying the <iframe> tag, this website has a lot of useful information.
Some additional tips:
- Since the Guidebook Web dynamically resizes with your browser screen, you can choose the height and width that works best with your site.
- If you want to specifically show the Schedule first, just copy and paste the URL for the Schedule in the web version and use that in your iframe tag.
- Make sure to add a link to your landing page, or include a tab at the bottom that will direct users to downloading the guide on their devices as well!
We do not offer customized web integrations, but we give you the flexibility to use the URL of your online guide wherever you wish.