The web version of your guide is accessible from any web browser. With Guidebook Web, You can give your users a synced Guidebook experience across all devices.
The web version is responsive—it dynamically resizes to fit the browser—so no matter the size of your window or screen, it will look great and be easy to navigate.
Guidebook Web is designed to provide access to guides on desktops, laptops, Windows phones, Blackberry 9, and other older devices.
In this article, we will cover:
- How to use Guidebook Web
- Where to find your Guidebook Web address
- Which features are unavailable in Guidebook Web
How can I use Guidebook Web?
When you send your users the download instructions for your guide, be sure to include the link to the web version. Guidebook customers are incorporating the web version into their marketing strategy to drive downloads and engagement. You can learn more about using Guidebook Web for marketing in this support article or blog post.
Where can I find the web version of my guide?
In Builder, click on the name of your guide to visit the guide dashboard. Click on the "Promote" section, and then click on the "Web" tab.
What else do I need to know?
We have another way to access and highlight certain features on the web. Our new offering, Cover Pages, is another great way to highlight important information and give limited access to web users. The purpose of your Cover Page is to drive downloads to your guide more so than giving all the guide content to web users. Please visit our support article for Cover Pages to learn more.
Guidebook Web does not have the same features as the Guidebook app. The limitations of the web version are listed below:
- On Guidebook Web, the Interact feature is not available.
- Maps are not interactive on Guidebook Web. Guides will use static maps.
- Messaging and Attendee Check-In / Connect are not currently available.
- Push notifications will not be sent to the web version. (You can still view notifications in the Inbox.)
- If you have a branded app, the web version of your guides will not have your branded app themes and coloring.
- Guidebook web is not available for Invite Only or SSO guides.
- Schedule and photo album previews do not work on the web version.
- The "My Schedule" module is view-only on Guidebook web. This means that adding/removing sessions from My Schedule is not available on the web version.
- Universal search does not work on Guidebook Web. You will have to scan the web pages using your browser's search functions.
- The Notes module is not available.
- Thumbnail Images will not appear in the web version.
- Campus Tours are not available on the web version.
- QR Code Scanners and the Scavenger Hunt game are not supported in a web browser.
- Accessing Guidebook Web with Internet Explorer is not supported.
- On Guidebook Web, the Twitter feature is not available.
- Guidebook Web does not require a guide update to display changes or updates.
If you are concerned that certain incomplete sections of your guide will be visible to those browsing the mobile web, make sure to set your privacy setting to passphrase only. You can make your guide public when you're ready to share guide content. Note: This will not affect users who have already downloaded your guide. However, new users will not be able to download your guide without the passphrase while Privacy is enabled.