With the Audience Insights tool you can explore detailed information about logged-in users’ actions and activity in your guide. To generate reports regarding Audience Insights, click here.
Where to Find Audience Insights in Builder
- In Builder, click on the name of your guide to access the guide dashboard.
- From the guide dashboard, click on “Audience management”
- In the Users tab, click on a User’s name to view Audience Insights.
Users who have downloaded your guide and logged in to their account will appear in this tab. Make sure you promote your guide. Encourage Users to log in when you share download instructions, make reminder announcements, and speak with Users in-person. (Click here for talking points about the advantages to logging in!)
How to Navigate Audience Insights
There are three main segments to the Audience Insights tab.
When you click on a User’s name, you will see their Engagement level and a timeline of their activity. Hover your cursor over each timeline checkpoint for a timestamp.
There are three levels of User Engagement: Low Engagement, Engaged, and High Engagement.
A User's level of Engagement is calculated using Guidebook’s proprietary formula. It incorporates the number of Guide Sessions (each time the User accesses the guide) and compares this number to platform-wide averages in order to assign an Engagement score.
This data gives you an at-a-glance measure of how much the User accessed your guide. The Reports and Activity History segments provide a deeper look into your Users’ actions, describing what the User does in your guide.
In the Reports segment we provide custom graphs. You can adjust the dates for the reporting period to zoom in/out on your User’s activity reports. Use the drop-down menu or the left/right arrow buttons to view different graphs.
Guide sessions: The number of times this User accessed your guide.
Top Viewed Schedule Sessions: The Schedule sessions most frequently viewed by this User.
Users may open the Schedule and browse the overview. This data specifically tracks the sessions a User tapped on to see additional details.
Top Viewed Custom List Items: The Custom List items most frequently viewed by this User.
Users may open Custom Lists and scroll through the overview. This data specifically tracks the list items a User tapped on to see additional details.
Sponsor Impressions: The number of times a sponsor banner in the navigation menu was displayed.
Sponsor Taps: The number of times this User tapped on a Sponsor banner to visit the linked website.
Any of these Reports may be blank, depending on the User’s activity AND the features you have included in your guide. If there are no sponsor banner ads in your guide, there will be no Sponsor Impressions or Taps, for example.
In the third segment, “Activity History”, you can see how the User interacted with fellow Users and made use of the My Schedule tool in the guide.
- All: View all Activity History
- Posts: View the Posts this User has made to the Interact feed. Click the down arrow to see the post the User liked or responded to, as well as the User’s comment.
- Scheduling: View sessions this User has added to their My Schedule
Any of these Activity History views may be blank, depending on the User’s activity AND the features you have included in your guide. If the Interact feed is not enabled, there will be no Posts, for example.
What You Can Do to Drive Engagement
Make sure you promote your guide!
Here are some tips & tricks from our Support team to help you encourage Users to log in:
- In the download instructions, prompt Users to login as part of the download process.
- Set your Interact feed menu item as the home screen of your guide, so it’s the first thing a User sees when they download your guide. Be sure to post a picture or a few comments on the feed to get conversation started before Users download the guide. They will be more likely to respond. You can also have a competition for the post with the most likes!
- Ensure the Check-in / Connect / Chat menu item is visible and easy to access. This tool lets Users network without sharing email addresses or other personal identifying information unless they choose to share it.
- Remind your Users in-person with a face-to-face conversation.
Click here for more ideas and specific features to help engage your users.
Phase 2 - Generate Reports
You can now export Audience Insights data.
There are two types of reports you can generate in Builder:
- User Engagement Report: Details per attendee to help you determine your most valuable attendees.
- Session/List Items Report: Details per session and custom list item to identify your audiences' interests
With these reports, you can answer some key questions:
Which users are most engaged?
Review the User Engagement Report to see which users have posted the most on Interact, connected the most with other Users, and so on. With targeted outreach, you can reward these highly engaged users.
Which sessions and/or list items are most popular?
Use the Session/List Items Reports to see what content is viewed the most. For example, with a custom list of Exhibitors, you can see which Exhibitors are most popular. Further, you can see which users are interested in each Exhibitor specifically. This is a great lead sourcing tool!
Which users are least engaged?
The User Engagement Report can also help you identify users who are least engaged. Inform your guide promotion strategy with this data.