Have you ever needed to adjust the location of a Google Map 'pin'? We come across this issue rather frequently and we have a quick fix. All we do in these cases, is grab the Latitude and Longitude from Google Maps, and add it to the Location in Builder.
Here is a step by step breakdown:
- Open up Google Maps in your browser window.
- Find the precise location where you need the pin to drop and ‘left click’ on that location.
- The Latitude and Longitude of that location will pop up on the bottom of the screen as soon as you ‘left click’ on that location.
- Click on that Latitude and Longitude.
- Navigate back to Builder and click on the Location in question (or create a new Location if necessary).
- Under the ‘Type’ drop down, choose ‘Google Map’.
- Write in a general address in the ‘Address’ field (I typically like to use the city). Don't worry about being too precise here, as our latitude and longitude will override the generic address.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will notice spaces for Latitude and Longitude.
- Copy/Paste both Latitude and Longitude from Google Maps over to the Location in Builder and save your changes.
- Thats it!
*Download the attached .gif at the bottom of this article for a full video walkthrough